Fort Worth, TX, USA
Are you looking for a team that cares?
We are looking for an Operations Manager to be responsible for purchasing and logistics, and managing our warehouse in Fort Worth including goods in/out, and the production and correct handling of our excipients.
This position will suit a candidate with at least 8 years experience in food production management with great leadership and management skills, and a hands-on approach to getting things done.
LFA Machines is a global manufacturing company with offices in the USA, UK and Taiwan supplying machinery and excipient solutions to the nutraceutical and confectionary industries. As a fast-growing company, we are experiencing exciting growth, so we look for team members who can drive the business forward always learning and bettering ourselves through continuous support and understanding.
- Managing the warehouse team effectively during the entire employee life cycle upholding LFA’s core values.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within their teams to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Hiring and training new team members as needed following the onboarding procedure and with assistance of HR.
- Coordinating team members in the production of excipients while ensuring that all food safety and hygiene processes are followed.
- Ensuring the correct production of excipients so other LFA offices receive continuous stock according to their demand and using customer forecast.
- Reporting any quality or functional issues in any LFA Machines’ products to the relevant managers and inform team members when needed.
- Overseeing the warehouse technicians to ensure that machines are checked and repaired as necessary.
- Coordinating and collaborating with the Office Managers, sales, and customer service.
- Overseeing and managing purchasing and logistics to ensure the best purchase price, continuous stock, and improving dispatch.
- Managing the correct receipt and storage of all incoming products following the relevant processes and using the correct LFA systems to keep accurate stock levels.
- Conducting monthly audits to ensure there are no inventory discrepancies between the system and the shelves, and maintaining the warehouse and its systems highly organised.
- Responsible for high quality and speedy dispatch of goods.
- Taking part in warehouse activities as needed to get tasks completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment and implementing best practices for the warehouse.
- 8+ years of experience as a food production or operations manager.
- Excellent management and leadership skills and ability to train others proven by at least 8 years of experience in a managerial position in the field of food production.
- Experience complying with Health & Safety and ensuring others do as well.
- Knowledgeable in mechanics and machinery operation.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Hands-on team player.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive and with high initiative; able to solve problems efficiently including technical ones.
- Great verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good IT skills.
- Experience (or capable of) implementing warehouse management systems desirable.
- Experience creating inventory forecasts desirable.