Fort Worth, TX, USA
Are you looking to be part of a team that cares about you?
We are looking for a Field Technician/Engineer to join our team supporting our customers over the phone, email, and especially in person. This will entail providing training sessions, and repairing and troubleshooting our range of machines onsite at the customers’ sites throughout the US and at our warehouse in Fort Worth, TX.
We are always guided by our values which are at the heart of everything we do; they are to build a community by bettering ourselves, having intergrity, being supportive, and caring.
We are an international and fast-growing company with most of its presence being in the USA but we had a start in the UK, so our benefits (you can read more about those below) and care for the team have European perks. For example, we give 30 days total vacation per year, and we help our team members with professional or personal goals, like learning new languages, get their driver’s license, and fund their master’s degree.
- Travel to customers’ sites to provide installation and training for the purchased LFA equipment.
- Provide technical after-sales support on the phone/email.
- Troubleshoot and repair machines at customers’ locations as well as in the LFA warehouse.
- Manage the tasks associated with repairing customers’ machines such as communicating with customers, updating records, and managing the schedule and timeline of the repairs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the rest of the support team and the sales team to provide great support for our customers
- Travel requirement: This position will be primarily based in our DFW LFA office/warehouse if the hired candidate is local to us, but there is an expectation of up to 75% travel time to customer sites nationwide. Remote candidates or candidates seeking relocation are welcomed but we will put preference on those in the DFW metroplex.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 5+ years experience as a field technician or (car) mechanic.
- Qualification, degree or diploma in electrical engineering or similar desired.
- Able and willing to travel to customers’ sites when scheduled. Driver’s license and own vehicle required.
- Great problem solver with excellent communication skills and time management.
- Quick learner, accurate, and precise.
- Very supportive towards their colleagues and customers.
- Able to lift up to 44lbs (20kg) unaided.
- Develop Your Skills and Grow – We have ever-growing internal training courses and are always happy to discuss paying external courses like language courses, driving lessons, night college or part-time degrees.
- Join a Team That Really Cares – Everyone is friendly, collaborative and driven. We are a family business and we care about each other so because of this, you will always be pushed to become the best you can be. We have weekly and monthly one on one’s with your manager so you can talk about anything that is on your mind, and 6 Months Reviews to help you find goals you are passionate about within the business and yourself.
- Go To The Best Work Party On Earth – Who wants a Christmas party when you can go on vacation? We hold an annual team meeting trip of 2-3 days to connect all of the offices. We are going to a beautiful resort in Arizona next February, will you join us?
- Great Paid Time Off – 30 days vacation per year for you to use. One of the perks of having European roots. Just there for you to enjoy them.
- Health Benefits and 401K – We have a health plan and a 401k plan to make sure that you are secure for your future after 90 days at LFA.
- Travel and mileage reimbursement – We have an extensive guidance to make travel easier for you. While you represent LFA or Operio, we will cover all reasonable expenses.
- Volunteering Days – All of our team members can get up to 4 paid days a year to volunteer at a registered charity that matters to them.